Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Reveal Time!



If you'll remember back, I started with this:


Really not cool.  But after installing a board and batten wall, switching out the front door, creating some diy art, and making a faux marble shelf/table(I didn't blog about this particular project, the lazies got the best of me), it's looking surprisingly adequate.

So...drumroll...my first room reveal...


I bought the rug a while ago off the classifieds for $100. It's available on Overstock for quite a bit more so I was really happy to find it brand new for such a great price.

Also, notice that there is a big empty space still because of the tall ceilings. Right now the light fixture is just an ugly boob light, but I will eventually get a chandelier to fill up the emptiness. I'm leaning toward a sputnik, but we shall see!

The shelf was made with some wood from Lowes and a roll of marble contact paper. I also bought the brackets at Lowes and spray painted them brass colored. 

I also painted the entry in BM's Revere Pewter. It's a nice griege that doesn't clash with the rest of the paint in my house.


I took these pictures with my phone, so the quality isn't awesome, sorry about that. I think it's time to invest in a good camera. 
 All in all, this room cost roughly $400 to make over, including the rug and accessories. Not bad for such a dramatic change!


So...what's next? I'm not sure. I'm considering doing a home tour(it will be the "before" version, because I really haven't done much)! If anyone is reading this, I would love a comment or two on what you are looking to read about, what excites you, etc. 

So...phase one for the entryway is complete! I will be adding a few things gradually, but I'm happy wigr it for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment