I know. Boooring. This weekend we are getting curbing, and lots of it. The curbing is the easy part, since someone else comes and does all the work, hehe. But we have a long list of DIY projects to get done this summer, including:
1. Planting at least three trees and dozens of shrubs and annuals
2. Putting down mulch and garden fabric to go along with the new foliage
3. Revamping the garage door with new faux windows and hardware(really excited for this one)
4. Building a paver patio in the empty space to the left of the front door
5. Convincing my husband to help me build a mini pergola over the garage(for less than $100, I might add)
6. Painting and adding moulding to the front door
7. Finishing off the backyard play area, including building a short wall and putting down rubber mulch
8. Finishing the beast of a back patio that has been sitting unfinished for a year.
If you've looked at my Pinterest at all in the last couple weeks, you might begin to understand my obsession with my yard at the moment.
After the curbing is put in, the next step is figuring out what plants to put in all of the new flower beds--I know nothing about gardening. It should be fun though. Wish me luck!